0917A - Sr. Associate Scientist/ Associate Scientist - Tissue Culture
Icagen, with locations in North Carolina and Arizona, partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to offer integrated drug discovery services including scientific expertise and access to technologies for ion channel drug discovery and development.
Icagen’s facility in Durham, North Carolina currently has a position available for a talented scientist to join our Biology team. The primary role will be to provide tissue culture support for multiple internal or client sponsored drug discovery projects by managing multiple cell lines per the stage of the program. The work will be fast paced and process oriented in a vibrant environment which is predicated upon continuous improvement where everyone is encouraged to contribute to improving department efficiency. Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Responsible for cell culture maintenance, reagent preparation, cell plating for use in assays, cell line generation, culture expansion, cryopreservation, and membrane preparation.
- Comfortable with the flexible nature of a data driven environment, will have a proactive communication style and exceptional organization skills, and will be able to multitask effectively.
- Individual will be an integral member of the in vitro pharmacology team supporting multiple target screening and lead drug candidate optimization projects.
- Candidates will also be expected to contribute to laboratory support duties that are associated with operating a productive pharmaceutical industry research group.
- Experience in mammalian recombinant cell culture systems (i.e. HEK-293, CHO cells) desirable.
- Experience using modern automation and inventory systems preferred.
- The position will require a self-motivated individual with excellent record keeping and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to build excellent working relationships.
- Some work on weekends and/or holidays may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a BA/BSc and a minimum of 5+ years experience preferably in biotech or pharma or other commercial laboratory environment, specifically performing cell culture support.
Send resumes to [email protected].